Monday, January 5, 2009

January 5th- Smore Pie


The worst part about being too sick to bake pies is also being too sick to eat pies! I didn't eat yesterday's pie, but today I'm going to try at least a little bit of this one! It's cooling right now. Dan and I are debating whether to eat dinner first or just eat the pie.

I can't really tell you how to make this because I didn't do a good job keeping track. The recipe was adapted from Killer Pies, but so much had to be changed! The crust is a graham cracker crust. Then there is a layer of chocolate. I made that by boiling 1 1/2c soy milk with 1/2c soy whip. I added some cocoa powder to this (1/2c?). Then, I poured the boiled mixture over 8oz chocolate. The chocolate and cream were mixed together and poured into the crust. I cooled this in the fridge while I did some crazy attempt at marshmallow making. It kind of worked. You're better off just searching for a vegan marshmallow recipe online than trying to do whatever I did (if I even knew). Once the marshmallow mix was on top, I broiled it for a few minutes until it was brown and pretty. We'll see how it tastes!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: