Monday, January 5, 2009

January 4th- Half-Assed Cherry Pie



Confession: There are no pies from Jan 1st to Jan 3rd. I have an excuse! I was in the hospital, and then I didn't want to infect people by baking before I was well. So I started yesterday and I'll make up the other days later on. I hate it, though, because I'm such a Fun-A-Day purist!

Half-Assed Cherry Pie

Bottom Crust- Crust Dan made and froze a while ago. I don’t remember. Whatever.

Filling- Can of cherry pie filling. For real? Yes.Added to filling just a bit of Earth Balance (2tsp?)

Top Crust- (From Killer Pies pg 8), (1/2) Pie Shell:

3/8c Earth Balance
1c flour
1/8 c sugar
1/8 t salt
1/6c cold water

Mix together everything but cold water with a pastry knife. Sprinkle on water. Mix together with pastry knife. Refrigerate 20 minutes. Baked at 375F until golden brown
Posted by Picasa

No comments: